By the grace of Allah SWT, hard work by volunteers, and the community's support following has been accomplished in 2013 by the EC:
1. Received letter of appreciation from President Obama, for our efforts in saving energy and environment, copy attached.
2. Acquired the energy star rating for saving and conserving the energy usage and environment.
3. More than doubled the membership in one year.
2. Carried out regular community events including dinner with the neighbors and community families
3. Arranged the United Nations’ International Day of Peace, copy attached
4. Conducted a very successful and crowded event of more than 800 participants with Junaid Jamshed (one of the top most influential Muslims.-http://videos.urduwire.com/naats/junaid-jamshed)
5. Hosted regular meetings with the Interfaith clergy and congregations
6. Established Summer camp for youth
7. Provided Sunday school for more than 200 students
8. Spent over $30K on Youth, sports and community programs for the year
9. Developed the community center fully furnished with the library, toddler room, movie room, career counseling and meeting rooms
10. Established tutoring, Spanish and Arabic language classes
11. Carried out the audit of Masjid's records by an outside 3rd party, for the first time
12. Instituted yearly audit of the Masjid by an outside 3rd party
13. Payroll services shifted from in-house to outside 3rd party - ADP
14. Stopped practice of using petty cash
15. Started automatic payments of all regular and utility bills
16. Started Direct deposit of payroll to employees account using ADP platform
17. Provided Financial support to deserving of $107K in 2013
18. Instituted free health clinics for the community on regular basis
19. Purchased 300 burial plots in the Muslim section of Washington Memorial
20. Contracted 51 Farrington property for purchase by the Masjid